Our IP lawyers and attorneys have represented foreign and Thai companies on IP prosecution and IP litigation in Thailand and abroad.
Intellectual property is invaluable for all kinds of industries, especially in this digital era. Sources of competitiveness have been shifting to knowledge-based factors of production. In this new knowledge-based economy, intangible assets, including inventions, designs, innovative ideas, branding, and know-how, have become central business assets. Creating, protecting, utilizing and enforcing your intellectual property rights are crucial to the success of your business.
With our in-depth knowledge of the Thai economy and the clients’ industries, and our understanding of local practices, we strive to make our advice practical and valuable to the client. Our IP clients include corporate clients in a variety of industries, including automobile, film, entertainment, telecommunications, information technology, food, drug, beverages, healthcare, cosmetics, clothing, construction, retail and wholesale service. We work with IP law firms in over 160 countries on registering and enforcing IP rights of our clients. Our services include trademark and patent search, registration, opposition, appeal, cancellation, renewal, assignment, license, recovery, anti-counterfeiting, investigation and litigation.
The Legal 500 (the 2014 edition) listed us as a firm with significant experience in advising foreign companies on trademark registrations, patent applications, domain names and customs matters. The 2015 Asia IP Profiles recognized that our “Highly recommended practice areas are banking & finance, corporate/M&A, intellectual property”. The WTR 1000, 2015 attested that “Last year saw LawPlus emerge victorious in a number of trademark disputes and open a Myanmar office to boot. Excellent advocate Kowit Somwaiya is one of the two partners.”
Our IP practices cover searches, application, opposition, appeal registration, licensing, investigation, litigation, enforcement under police complaints and customs measures.
“Last year saw LawPlus emerge victorious in a number of trademark disputes and open a Myanmar office to boot. Excellent advocate Kowit Somwaiya is one of the two partners.” – WTR 1000, 2015.
“Highly recommended practice areas: banking & finance, corporate/M&A, intellectual property.” – Asialaw Profiles, 2015.
“Director of the Intellectual Property Association of Thailand Kowit Somwaiya boats deep and specialised knowledge of IP law and handles prosecution and transactional matters with keen commercial insight.” – iam 1000 The World’s Leading Patent Professionals, 2015.
“LawPlus Ltd. has significant experience advising foreign companies on trade mark registrations, patent applications, domain names and customs matters (…)”. “Strong record in banking and finance matters.” “The Highly regarded Kowit Somwaiya heads the team.” – The Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2014.
“Intellectual property is a central pillar at this admired firm, which continues to make significant strides on the Thai trademark scene. It is a favourite among pan-continental heavyweights, including US, UK and Japanese market leaders.” – WTR 1000, 2014.
“The dynamic, proactive and astute, LawPlus Ltd. is cementing its reputation as a high-quality provider of trademark services.” – WTR 1000, 2013.
“Known for its outstanding trademark work, LawPlus has also grown its patent prosecution practice by handling key PCT national phase applications for multinationals.” – The Managing Intellectual Property IP Handbook, 2012.
“Best five IP law firms of Thailand for trademarks.” – Asia IP Award Survey, November 2011.
“LawPlus Ltd.’s IP practice continues to grow and in 2008 the firm represented Thai companies on trade mark and copyright prosecution and enforcement in over 160 countries.” – The Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2010.
“2007 Top Five IP Law Firms of Thailand.” – Asialaw Magazine, November 2007.
See more at Accolades.
- a leading Thai consumer product company on registration of trademarks and copyright deposits in over 160 countries and on trademark infringements and disputes with beverage companies in the US, Latin America, the UK, the EU, China, Japan and ASEAN countries
- two Thai department stores on registration of trademarks in ASEAN countries and trademark recovery in Indonesia, Myanmar and Vietnam
- a Thai manufacturing company on trademark registration and copyright infringement
- a US Big Three automobile company on patent applications for automobile inventions and product designs
- a US film studio on a patent application for film restoration invention
- a US life science company on patent applications for genetic modifications and procedures
- a US company on recovery of a secondary level domain name
- a Japanese electric appliances company on trademark registration and recordal of name change in Thailand
- a Japanese technology company on trademark registrations
- a Japanese battery company on trademark oppositions in Thailand
- a British food and beverages company on customs action against cross-border trademark infringement
- a French company on cancellation petitions for non-use with the Trademark Board and a passing-off lawsuit in the IP&IT Court against a Thai infringer
- a UK association on infringement of their collective mark and geographical indication in Myanmar involving with intensive advice on civil and criminal actions, investigations, consumer surveys, cease-and-desist letters and public warning notices
- a leading US IT company on trademark oppositions in Thailand
- a Hong Kong restaurant chain on trademark infringement in Thailand
- a beverage company in Malta on two trademark infringement matters in Thailand
Please see more at Credentials.
For more information, please Contact Us.
The information provided in this document is general in nature and may not apply to any specific situation. Specific advice should be sought before taking any action based on the information provided. Under no circumstances shall LawPlus Ltd. and LawPlus Myanmar Ltd. or any of their directors, partners and lawyers be liable for any direct or indirect, incidental or consequential loss or damage that results from the use of or the reliance upon the information contained in this document. Copyright © 2016 to 2020 LawPlus Ltd.