On 22nd December 2017, the Myanmar Investment Commission (“MIC”) issued its Announcement in order to invite foreign companies to invest in import substitute commodities in the following investment areas:-
(1) manufacturing of different types of vehicles and vehicle related fixtures and parts of machines;
(2) manufacturing of tractors and trailers;
(3) manufacturing of telephone and telecommunication equipment;
(4) production of machine and machinery equipment;
(5) manufacturing of electricity distribution and control apparatus;
(6) production of iron and steel;
(7) production of fertilizer;
(8) manufacturing of plastic raw materials;
(9) manufacturing of paper;
(10) production of emulated fibre;
(11) production of edible oil;
(12) production of medicine; and
(13) manufacturing of cosmetics products.
Investment proposals for the investment areas listed above must be submitted with the MIC in accordance with the Myanmar Investment Law 2016.
The MIC will provide necessary assistance to investors to get land and electricity required for the business and scrutinize business proposals promptly for investment in these investment areas.
- Partner | yangon
Unit 1401, 14th Floor, Abdulrahim Place 990 Rama IV Road, Bangkok 10500, Thailand
Tel: +662 636 0662
Fax: +662 636 0663
Room 517 Yangon International Hotel No. 330 Corner of Ahlone and Pyay Roads Dagon Township, Yangon, Myanmar
Tel: +95 (0)92 6111 7006
and +95 (0)92 6098 9752
The information provided in this article is general in nature and may not apply to any specific situation. Specific advice should be sought before taking any action based on the information provided. Under no circumstances shall LawPlus Ltd. or any of its directors, partners and lawyers be liable for any direct or indirect, incidental or consequential loss or damage that results from the use of or the reliance upon the information contained in this article. Copyright © 2016 LawPlus Ltd.