On 3rd August 2018, the Directorate of Investment and Company Administration (“DICA”) issued the Announcement on Anti-Corruption Code of Ethics (“ACCE”) for entering into business deals with the government authorities and other companies and organizations in the private sector in order to develop the entire economic environment.
All companies and corporations established under the existing laws in the Union must comply with the ACCE.
The following activities are prohibited either directly or indirectly in order to prevent the corruption while doing business in Myanmar:-
(1) making and offering a gift, entertainment, and other preferential treatments;
(2) providing a necessary assistance for traveling;
(3) providing a financial support for having a business opportunity;
(4) offering a charitable donation;
(5) conferring a political contribution; or
(6) providing an assistance for appointment of employees in companies or corporations for personal interest.
- Partner | yangon
The information provided in this article is general in nature and may not apply to any specific situation. Specific advice should be sought before taking any action based on the information provided. Under no circumstances shall LawPlus Ltd. and LawPlus Myanmar Ltd. or any of their directors, partners and lawyers be liable for any direct or indirect, incidental or consequential loss or damage that results from the use of or the reliance upon the information contained in this article. Copyright © 2016 and 2018 LawPlus Ltd.