The Department of Business Development (“DBD”) proposed further amendment consisting of 6 additional issues to the Public Limited Company Act B.E. 2535 (“Bill”) for public hearings from 8th to 24th August 2018.
The 6 additional issues are:-
1. Publishing the company’s information to the public by an electronic means in addition to publication in a newspaper.
2. Sending of orders, notices, letters or other documents to a recipient by an electronic transmission upon request.
3. Giving additional powers to the Minister of Commerce as the minister in charge of the enforcement of this law.
4. Allowing a Board of Directors (“BoD”) meeting be convened via an electronic means.
5. Allowing a BoD meeting be called by the Chairman of the Board or any 2 of the directors.
6. Appointment of a proxy to attend a shareholders’ meeting by a safe and reliable electronic means (e-proxy).
These additional issues are in addition to the amendment points previously reviewed by the Council of State. The DBD and the Ministry of Commerce will revise the Bill taking into account the inputs received from the public hearings and submit it to the Cabinet and the Council of State respectively.
- Partner | bangkok
The information provided in this document is general in nature and may not apply to any specific situation. Specific advice should be sought before taking any action based on the information provided. Under no circumstances shall LawPlus Ltd. and LawPlus Myanmar Ltd. or any of their directors, partners and lawyers be liable for any direct or indirect, incidental or consequential loss or damage that results from the use of or the reliance upon the information contained in this document. Copyright © 2016 to 2019 LawPlus Ltd.