On 14th September 2022, the Directorate of Investment and Company Administration (“DICA”) issued the announcement to set out the requirements for extension of visa for foreign employees.
The employer company must an application for a recommendation letter from DICA for visa extension for each foreign employee. The company employer must have been registered for at least one year and has complied with all the requirements under the Myanmar Companies Law 2017. The application must be accompanied by the following required documents:
- Updated Company Extract Form;
- Evidence showing the current business operation of the company, e.g. a business license/permit, business/commercial contracts (if any);
- Statement of the board of directors of the company about the foreign employee;
- Tax returns or audit reports for the fiscal years ended 2021, 2022 and 2023, or proof of prior income tax payments of the company (if applicable);
- CV of the foreign employee showing the educational background, work experiences and permanent address of the employee abroad or in Myanmar;
- a clear photograph (2″ x 1.5″) of the employee taken within the period of 6 months before the application filing date;
- Terms of Reference (TORs) or job description for the foreign employee’s position and his/her duties in the company;
- Employment contract and the foreign employee’s educational certificates or qualifications;
- Evidences of personal income tax payments for the working period of the foreign employee with the company;
- List of the company’s employees (foreigners and Myanmar citizens) including their names, passport numbers or NRCs, phone numbers; and
- List of family members of foreign employee.
The application must be filed during the period of 90 to 120 days before the expiry date of the visa. The passport of the foreign employee must be valid for at least 6 months.
To see the archive of our past newsletters and articles please click here.
- Partner | yangon
- Associate | yangon
The information provided in this document is general in nature and may not apply to any specific situation. Specific advice should be sought before taking any action based on the information provided. Under no circumstances shall LawPlus Ltd. and LawPlus Myanmar Ltd. or any of their directors, partners and lawyers be liable for any direct or indirect, incidental or consequential loss or damage that results from the use of or the reliance upon the information contained in this document. Copyright © 2016 to 2020 LawPlus Ltd.