On 21st December 2018, the Ministry of Commence (“MOC”) issued its Notification No. 57/2018 to allow import of office equipment and service-related equipment by foreign companies, non-governmental organizations, branches and representative offices of foreign companies (“Foreign Entities”) for their own uses, subject to the requirements prescribed by the MOC which include:-
(1) obtaining an export/ import registration certificate;
(2) importing only office equipment;
(3) importing service related equipment only if the Foreign Entity is operating services business;
(4) not reselling the imported office equipment and the service-related equipment;
(5) complying with the import procedures issued by the relevant authorities for import of the office equipment and the service related equipment; and
(6) submitting a bond with the MOC to guarantee that the office equipment and the service-related equipment will be required only for their own uses in their offices.
If MOC finds that the imported office equipment and/or any imported service-related equipment is resold without using by the Foreign Entities, the MOC may cancel their export/import registration certificates or registration numbers.
- Partner | yangon
The information provided in this document is general in nature and may not apply to any specific situation. Specific advice should be sought before taking any action based on the information provided. Under no circumstances shall LawPlus Ltd. and LawPlus Myanmar Ltd. or any of their directors, partners and lawyers be liable for any direct or indirect, incidental or consequential loss or damage that results from the use of or the reliance upon the information contained in this document. Copyright © 2016 to 2020 LawPlus Ltd.